Wilderness Safety and Survival
Join us for this one day course covering your needs in a survival situation.
NRS is well-known for teaching the mindset, skills, tactics, and gear of survival. In this course, we will cover each of the following:
- Top 5 likely injuries in the backcountry and how to prevent and/or manage them.
- Fundamentals of land navigation to lost proof yourself.
- Signalling so others can more easily find you.
- Sheltering materials, including the best materials to choose to dress yourself for successful outdoor trips.
- The triangle of firebuilding: fuel sources, ignition sources, and oxygen management
- Procuring water in the outdoors, which includes learning about filters and purifiers and why understanding the difference is vitally important.
- Caloric management (how to not waste calories and find them in your environment when necessary).
Class will be from 9:00am-6:00pm, with a break for lunch.