Note: This blog piece is a talking points piece that we will follow for our Facecbook Live videos. It lists the products that Craig intends on covering during the show. If other products are discussed due to questions, or need further explanation. We will adjust this after the live show.
Basics of Active Shooter for average citizens. Please note first responders start at the bottom.
- Run – increase the time and distance gap between yourself and the agressor
- Hide – if you cannot leave, then take cover (not concealment) know the difference between the two. In this order earth, concrete, steel, wood. “Hug up” close to cover when being shot at from a high angle.
- Fight – defend yourself to the best of your ability. Please note in the confusion that a plain clothes CCW holder looks a lot like a perpetrator to a police officer. Follow all commands explicitly.
- Normalcy Bias
- Herd mentality – do what others are doing, go back to the known
How to avoid these things
- Constantly monitor baseline vs. disurbance
- Combat/Critical rule of 3
- Stay left of bang. You want to be proactive rather than reactive
- Understand Schema
Gear Listing for a Trauma Kit
- Tourniquet (SOFTT, CAT, RATS)
- Israeli Bandage
- Nasopharyngeal Airway opening
- Hemostatic Gauze
- Chest decomp needle
- Gloves (not black)
- Purchase at: Tac Med Solutions, Imminent Threat Solutions, H&H Medical Solutions
- Lone Star Medics
- Wilderness Medicine Associates
- Skinny Medic
- Nature Reliance Future